Thursday 11 July 2013

Lazy daddy not blogging


It is 13 days that we have been here in Delhi, and as amazing as this place is, we  are all sick. Tim has been to hospital twice and doctors 3 times, I am a little tougher having only been to doctors once. The chemist here are a whole new thing. Prescription and hand written on doctor letter head, writing I illegible, this is also yours to keep as it is your instructions, you can have as many pills as you like, they don't really care, just pay. Hahaha

Emilia is doing fantastically. She eats and sleeps well and is so very responsive. I have her a bath myself today (daddy is proud) she loves the water and rarely screams, she just "frowns" when she is not happy. So far I think I have changed all her Nappys. And having never in 33 years changed a nappy I can't believe how simple it actually is.

It's interesting how much I feared having to look after Emilia, but how second nature it really is. 


I love this photo, she looks so content.

Very special girl in daddy's arms. Happy sleeping. 


Very very proud daddy

Dreams come true in India.........





1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris!

    Your daughter is beautiful!!! You guys are clearly doing a wonderful job with her!!

    I just got back from my 3rd stint of being in India for 3 weeks (yes, 9 weeks all tolled) and I thought I'd share a few things that were good tips I used while there to avoid getting sick. You've probably heard them before, but I don't know how else to help other than to share these!

    1-Avoid all fruits and veggies that are not peeled away from a THICK rind...in other words, thin-skinned things like apples, peppers, zuchinni, tomatoes, and cucumbers are totally out while you're there.

    2-You know to avoid all ice because it's from non-purified water 99% of the time, but also when you have the option, drink bottled drinks instead - try sipping a little Pepsi or canned ginger ale that's been in the freezer for about 1/2 an hour.

    3-I think you're at Svelte. If so, you can use the tea kettle to boil water and wash all of your dishes again with that water just to be sure that any lingering bacteria have been driven out. Each time you do dishes, wash with the first pot of water and rinse with a second pot. It'll slightly scald your fingers, but your stomach might thank you.

    4-At the chemist, ask for a product called promethazine. That's the chemical name for phenagran here in the US. It's a pretty good anti-nausea med that you can take every few hours to try and break the cycle.

    5-I know it seems counter-intuitive, but consider eating some processed and imported foods (like nuggets and fries from McDonalds)for a few days because they won't have been exposed to any of the local contaminants like water to wash or boil in.

    6-Choose bread over rice when possible. Again, this is a water thing and in theory boiling the water for the rice should kill anything. But, better safe than sorry!

    7-Last one. Avoid all dairy as much as possible. It's naturally harder to process, but in India it seemed like the dairy wasn't taken care of as well (missing refrigeration, etc.).

    So, I hope that maybe some of these are helpful for you! Beyond that, I hope that you are able to get out of there quickly and bring your baby girl home!

    Best wishes!

    Allie

    ReplyDelete