Tuesday 21 August 2012

The holiday of a lifetime "with a twist"

Very soon we will take a holiday to a country we never imagined visiting to begin a life long dream. I am a very positive person and I can find the positive in every situation I also don't see the difficulty in tasks and proceses, I just get the job done, so far everything seem to have been very straight forward and simple. Thanks to the support forum and others in the same situation it almost seems too easy.
We started this process in June 2012 and it has all happened very fast (no wasting time is justhese way I like to live life) we have booked flights and hotel, we are planning to stay and enjoy the country for 9 days. Step right out of our comfort zone. As if what we are doing isnt already out of our comfort zone, the dream of a family is what keeps me strong and positive to challenge myself through all the hurdles that lay ahead.
During the past month we told our parents, sister and 3 close friends of our plans. No negative reactions so far. Lots of support from everyone. I thought mum was going to give a big negative vibe to the whole thing, which she didn't! My dad was really happy and positive, and my sister was the most supportive which I was totally not expecting. We were never close growing up, it's only now we are both in our 30s that we have a close relationship. It's funny tho cos even if people have an opinion conflicting with my views a lot of people won't speak up and express it. So I can only go off face value of what I'm hearing. I'm sure there are going to be many negative comments and criticisms of us and our family. 1 thing that sets us apart from a lot of "traditional families" is that we are planning and have planned for this. We built a family home. Got our own business' organized and established, even put in my childhood dream of a swimming pool and lastly put the money aside to do this. We don't need to rely on the government for a handout. We set ourselves up to be prepared or as prepared as we can possibly be.
So far on this journey we have read more blogs than I ever imagined. Read more forum posts and googled a million things. There are so many people in the same position as us. I really look forward to meeting some of them as the journey continues.
I will post again very soon time to go to work for now,
Xoxo Chris an Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment