Saturday 8 September 2012

Last day in Delhi

Hello to all our friends in blog land.

Well today is our last day in Delhi. We are scheduled to fly out tonight at 1145pm Delhi time bound for singapore (5hour flight). We will have a quick stop in Singapore for 2.5 hours (probably just enough time to make the huge journey to the other terminal) for the 7 hour flight to Melbourne. I'm not a comfortable flyer being about 6"3' give or take a shoe, and the throught of 2 consecutive flights for me is painful, but this is what we must do to achieve our dream. I have asked Tim to schedule enough time in Singapore for a full day stop over so we can shower and rest before taking another flight. Yeah yeah yeah I hear you all thinking that a 5 plus 7 hour flight is nothing, but for me it's something about the take off and landing that really drains me.

So as per usual I woke this morning at the usual 6am Delhi time. (I'm convinced my body just knows what time zone I'm in and naturally sets the 6am alarm call) watched some tv and relaxed. I convinced my "not really a morning person" partner to get his lazy bum out of bed and come to breakfast with me, and he should know by now I'm grumpy without breakfast. So we headed down to the lounge. The wonderful waiters know us know and bring a pot of tea, order the poached eggs (medium) with white toast, and even make a little more effort and put some sides from the buffet on the plate. Seriously us Aussies could take a leaf out of the Indian customer service book for sure. Us Aussies are rude and inconsiderate when it comes to customer service. Let me tell you I own a business in the FMCG industry and we serve 2000 customers a day. Our goal is to serve them and have them on their way in less than 45 seconds, as we are all time poor and in a rush. I will certainly be focussing more on the level of service and customer satisfaction when I return. Just as an example we had lunch with our friends "Australia 1" yesterday at the pizza hut in M block, we had a waiter assigned to our table and he took the orders and served the food, now let me focus on the "served the food" part. Not only does he bring the food he actually goes to the trouble to serve the pizza slice by slice onto the plate.... And it's not just pizza hut. The Italian restaurant we had dinner toast night did the same thing with the salad. FANTASTIC..... Not only that we were having trouble deciding on what beer we wanted so the other waiters comes to the table with 1 of each of the beers they have to offer for us to choose. I mean this is service over and above.. And these people get paid very poorly compared to Australian workers. I have really developed an appreciation for how great a country we really live in.

Delhi has really been a wonderful place to visit. For the inexperienced traveller like we are it is really a great place. I could even see myself living in this country (and that is a big statement for me) but in all honesty we have stayed in a beautiful hotel and spent time in western style shopping centre.

Today is the day that the transfer happens. So this is a fairly significant day indeed. I'm not sure what is the next communication we receive from SCI but I'm guessing it will be a embryo transfer report?? So we patiently wait.

Ok so we sent an SMS to some more new Aussie friends I and D from a nice quiet country side part of Australia, very much an inspirational couple of guys who have experienced more about the process than most, not to mention the length of their commitment to one another is really an inspiration that 2 people can share a happy life together. Anyhow we caught up with the guys for a coffee and chat. We spent a few hours chatting and wandering around he select city walk ans dlf shopping malls. Tim and I also had our first macaroons...... Mmmmmmmmm delicious I just want more. It was nice to spend some relaxing time wandering about and chatting with new friends before having to board our flight to Melbourne tonight.

Well it's time to start the packing and organize ourselves to head off to the airport.



Thanks For taking the time to follow our journey

Xoxo Chris and Tim

5 comments:

  1. Safe trip, my friends! Crossing fingers that you guys will have something to celebrate in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip home!! and good luck with your journey to parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys, thanks so much for the few days in Delhi, hope the trip home was good.
    We would like to wish you guys the very best success on you journey to become parents. You will be great Dads.
    I&D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your trip turns out to be successful. Are you now in the dreaded 2 week waiting period?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found you guys here... Good luck with the transfer! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete