Monday 12 November 2012

Update on the past few days

Hello to all our friends in blog land. WOW what an interesting few days it has been since our last post. Well Tim went in to hospital to ave his tonsils removed last Thursday, a fairly straight forward procedure in general however a little more complicated the older you get. He was only in over night and I picked him up in the morning. Well this is my best friend and life partner and we have barely spent a night apart in over 7 years. In the past we have been through the ups and downs as most experience in a relationship and we eventually discovered that we have problems when we stop talking. We both like to talk and get everyone off our minds, well as a result of his throat surgery he is not talking, and suffering the pain in silence. Seriously very hard for me as I am a huge talker and need constant interaction and conversation.

I had my 2 youngest niece and nephew stay with us for the weekend, in true uncle style it was junk junk junk food all the way. Tim was still too unwell so I took the kids to the pancake parlor for more junk food and milkshakes. We then spent most of Sunday around the house and in the pool. Even the warm weather and pool didn't bring Tim outside.

On to today (Monday) with Tim off work for a week or more I'm wearing 2 different professional hats. First is running my business as I have for the past 9 years, the second is running Tim's business which I generally sit silently by and don't really play a hands on role. I have 13 staff in my organisation but most who have worked with me for a long time and are very self sufficient, Tim has just 1 employee who is new to our busieness so still requires a bit of guidance and micro managing. So I am happily taking up the slack left by Tim.

At work this afternoon I got a phone call from Tim's mum (very unusual) she was calling to ask if we had ambulance insurance cover? To which my reply was "why"!!!!!!!!!!  Well darling Timmy decided he would start bleeding from the inside of his throat this afternoon and knowing me and my disastrous reaction to anything "blood" chose not to call me at work 3 mins away from home but to call his mum 3 suburbs away...... Well yes we do have insurance cover but excuse my language f&$k the insurance cover, just call the bloody ambulance. I got home to Tim sitting with his head in a bucket of you know what..... All the time he is coughing blood he is worried about me getting too close and passing out on the floor. Thankfully our friend who also works with us came to the house as well to help me deal with the blood. Finally 2 ambulances arrive to take him to hospital. Very serious stuff indeed, he had lost a fair bit of blood and was rushed into surgery to stop the bleeding. I have never been in an ambulance and I didn't really want to start now so I chose to follow behind and pick up his mum on the way to the hospital. So we waited and waited for him to finally come out of surgery and into the normal area where he will spend the next few days. All is good and they were able to stop the bleeding.

While we were waiting in the hospital waiting area I had a phone call that a truck had dropped over 200 liters of diesel all over the service station driveways. Shit shit shit. Thank you to my good friend who I was able to call on at 10pm who went straight down and dealt with the situation for me.. With the fuel spill under control and about 4% battery left on my phone I got this magical email from Sci. And as I say where there are negative there will always be a positive.




Dear Chris,
 
Item Thumbnail
 
We would like to inform you that as per our schedule we have done  pregnancy test for R.

We are very happy to inform you that the value is 317.42, which is very good.  Kindly find the attached report for the same.

We would like to congratulate you as you are pregnant now.

We now look forward to see you after nine months along with your baby.


Well now we a so very happy and lucky that both surrogates are pregnant... A week apart and both pregnant. Really this just made a very ordinary day much much better. Tim doesn't know yet as he was still half out of it from the anesthetic. So I will tell him tomorrow.  We are expecting scans for our first surrogate this week fingers crossed. 

It is now 1.34am and it has been such a long day, I need to get some rest but as I had no one to share this news with I have had to stay up and blog it. 

Thank you for following our journey

Xxxx Chris and Tim 


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations guys! That is wonderful news! I'm over the moon for you both! Speedy recovery to Tim! xoxo, JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to reply to the email - we've seen the blog update!!

    Awesome awesome news - hopefully next summer we'll be booking a table for 4 (plus!!) kids and adults and Tim and I can swap our 'remember your tonsil problems last November' stories.

    Pass our best wishes to him please.

    G&A

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day... Congrats on the great news, and I hope Tim gets to feeling better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! It could be twins + a singleton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember a few weeks ago in the car park at the pavilion and I had this "vision of e future"...
    You guys are so having triplets...

    ReplyDelete